I’ve been reading two good series of articles lately that I thought were worth sharing.
First is from John MacArthur at the Grace to You Blog. MacArthur is responding to another widely respected Christian pastor, John Piper. Piper is a continuationist, believing that the miraculous sign gifts of the New Testament are in operation today, while MacArthur is a cesationist, believing that the miraculous sign gifts of the New Testament have ceased. I greatly appreciate MacArthur’s masterful exposition of the relevant texts.
- Biblical Prophecy and Modern Confusion
- Prophecy Redefined
- Fallibility and Female Prophets
- Prophecy, “the Perfect,” and the End of What?
- Drawing Lines
The second series is from Tim Challies on the important False Teachers in church history.
- Arius – Jesus is not God
- Pelagius – Salvation by works
- Muhammad – Islam
- Joseph Smith – Mormonism
- Ellen G. White – Seventh-Day Adventism
- Charles Taze Russell – Watch Tower Society/Jehovah’s Witness
- Harry Emerson Fosdick – Theological Liberalism
This series is still in progress so check back as others are added.